Leather furniture is luxurious, comfortable and low maintenance, but it does require special care, and that means knowing how to clean it properly. The experts here at Noël Home are here to help!
Durable and versatile, leather can last a lifetime. It remains a popular upholstery choice across the world. Luckily, leather is also super-easy to clean.
Here are some tips for cleaning leather furniture:
- Make it a habit to clean leather furniture once a week.
- Never leave moisture on your leather or it could become a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- For simple surface stains: use a warm, damp cloth to gently wipe them away.
- For general debris: vacuum with a soft brush to sweep crumbs and dust from corners and crevices.
- For wet stains: gently soak up moisture with a microfiber cloth. Avoid rubbing the stain, which can actually make it more difficult to remove. Dip a clean, damp cloth in warm soapy water, (saddle soap) and wipe away the stain.
- For ink stains: use a cotton swab or Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to target the stain spot. Be precise so it doesn’t spread the stain to the surrounding leather.
- For grease stains: begin by wiping away what you can with a dry microfiber cloth. Avoid using water or the grease could soak more deeply into the leather. Sprinkling a little baking soda on the stain will help draw out the grease. Allow the baking soda to do its work for a few hours before gently brushing it off.
- For more stubborn stains: bring in the professionals! Your leather furniture is a big investment, so don’t take any risks.
- Finish with a leather conditioner or light wax to protect the surface from scratches and to keep it soft. Even a light coconut or lemon oil can help maintain the suppleness of your leather furniture.
With the regular cleaning strategies listed above, you can maintain your luxurious leather statement pieces for years to come. So, don’t hesitate to purchase leather furniture. Like a fine wine, leather only improves with age!
Now that you know how to clean leather furniture and how easy it is to care for, take a look at some of the gorgeous leather options available to you today at Noël Home.
If you’re ready to make leather a part of your home, come see us today at Noël Home and let our design experts help you select the right piece for your space. Click here to schedule an appointment now!